Some facts about Dallas Police Attack:

5 Dallas Officers Lost Their Lives
11 Dallas Police Officers Shot At Black Lives Matter Rally / Protest
The Crime Scene In Downtown Dallas Will Be Shut Down Until Further Notice
Officer Brent Thompson Was Killed In Thursday's Attack
At Least 2 Civilians Wounded After Being Shot
3 Suspects Are In Custody
Dallas Mayor: Suspect In Standoff With Police Died After Officers Used Explosives To 'Blast Him Out.'
This Is The Deadliest Event For Police Officers In The United States Since September 11, 2001.
No Explosives Were Found
11 Dallas Police Officers Shot At Black Lives Matter Rally / Protest

The ambush began with gunshots that killed five officers and sent screaming crowds scrambling for cover. It ended when a Dallas police bomb squad robot killed a gunman after negotiations failed.
Now investigators are trying to piece together answers to key questions: Who was responsible for the shootings, which began Thursday night during a protest against police violence and left parts of downtown Dallas under siege for hours? And are any other suspects on the loose?
The deadly gunfire erupted in Dallas as videos showing two African-American men shot by police in Louisiana and Minnesota spurred protests and debate over police use of force across the country.
Five police officers were killed and seven others were injured in the ambush. It was the deadliest single incident for U.S. law enforcement since September 11, 2001. Two civilians also were injured in the shootings, the Dallas mayor's office said.
As officials condemned the attack Friday, details emerged about the suspect who died after a lengthy standoff with police in a parking garage.

The dead gunman was Micah Xavier Johnson, 25, of Mesquite, Texas, law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation told CNN.
The suspect told police negotiators that he was upset about recent police shootings, that he wanted to kill white people -- especially white officers -- and that he acted alone, the city's police chief told reporters Friday.
Police killed him with an explosive device after a standoff that lasted hours, Chief David Brown said.


Post a Comment