GuidePedia

0

The U.S. State Department will allow people with valid visas into the United States, a department official said on Saturday, in order to comply with an opinion from a federal judge in Seattle barring President Donald Trump's executive action.


Related image


m=02&d=20170204&t=2&i=1171420389&w=780&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=LYNXMPED130AW" width="400" />


"We have reversed the provisional revocation of visas," the State Department official said in a statement. "Those individuals with visas that were not physically canceled may now travel if the visa is otherwise valid."

Department of Homeland Security personnel “will resume inspection of travelers in accordance with standard policy and procedure.”

Immigrant advocates said they were encouraging travelers from the affected countries to get on planes as soon as possible, since the Trump administration has said it plans to appeal the stay on the travel ban.

The new measures continue what has been a chaotic rollout of Trump’s order just more than a week ago that installed a temporary ban on entry by citizens of seven majority-Muslim countries as well as refugees.

U.S. District Judge James L. Robart on Friday entered a temporary but nationwide stop to the order, saying he concluded the court “must intervene to fulfill its constitutional role in our tripart government.”

The Trump administration said it would go to court as quickly as possible to dissolve Robart’s order, and the president himself issued an extraordinarily personal criticism of Robart.

Source:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/state-dept-reverses-visa-revocations-allowing-previously-banned-travelers-to-enter-us/ar-AAmBVS0



Post a Comment

COPY CODE SNIPPET
 
Top